Monday, January 24, 2011

Feel like crying and pulling my hair out!!

This is truly the first day that I felt like my role as the teacher was being be littled by my students.

It started out with one of my students constantly contradicting everything I said even if it was not directed towards him. I asked nicely for him to keep the comments to himself, but then it continued...One thing after another! Of course the other students think it is funny! 

Then in the afternoon we were going over the different projects that the students can choose to do for their reading projects, and yet no one wanted to listen! They were off in their own little world doing their own things. I stopped, I waited, I asked them numerous times to put their stuff away....Just not sure what else to do! 


Thirty minutes left of class...The students are suppose to be working on their career essays...the two that are not done did not use their time wisely...instead they checked facebook, chose their songs they wanted to listen to, and basically stared at their computers. I reinforced to them that this paper is due on Friday, and if they do not use their time wisely then they will not be able to finish it. 

I just wish I knew what else I could do!

No comments:

Post a Comment